- Best paper presented by young authors.
- The prize is awarded by the Scientific Committee.
- It must be mentioned in the abstract submission the interest to be considered for this award.
- Award for PhD students or post-doc (2 years max).
- The candidate must be the presenter of the paper in the AEDE Meeting.
- The co-authors do not have to fulfill the requisites.
- Amount: 500 euros.
- The award ceremony will take place during the closing act of the AEDE Meeting
Those authors who want to postulate for this Award must tick the corresponding box in the abstract submission form in the Meeting website
- 2016 Meeting (Badajoz)
|First Award: João Firmino for his paper “Class Composition and Student Achievement in Portugal“.|
|Second Award: Laura Requena Casado for her paper “Tuition Fees rises in the UK: Effect on degree choices“.|
|Second Award: Thomas Wouters for his paper “Segregation and school enrolment policy“.|
- 2015 Meeting (Madrid)
|First Award: Sandra Nieto for her paper “Overeducation, skills and wage penalty: Evidence for Spain using PIAAC data“.|
|Second Award: Alexandra Heimisch for her paper “Returns to ICT-skills“.|
|Second Award: Thomas Wouters for his paper “School choice determinants with preference data“.|
- 2014 Meeting (Valencia)
|First Award: Michael Peacey for his paper “Self-control at college“.|
|Second Award: Laura López Torres for her paper “Measuring school demand in the presence of spatial dependence“.|
- 2013 Meeting (A Coruña)
|First Award: Javier Valbuena for his paper “A Longitudinal Perspective on Higher Education participation in the UK“.|
|Second Award: Stefano Verzillo for his paper “Decentralized academic selection mechanisms in Italy: opportunity or parochialism?“.|
|Second Award: Rodrigo Ceni for his paper “Drop-out, Labor Participation and Leisure Time during two Conditional Cash Transfer Programs” co-authored by Gonzalo Salas.|
- 2012 Meeting (Oporto)
|Zoe Kuehn for her paper “Study time and scholarly achievement in PISA” co-authored by Pedro Landeras.|